Many times I wished to have access to a living – flesh and bones – role model to guide me to make the right choices and do the right things.
Marco, son, I have finally found my role model: you are my role model.
When I am present to you, I see a young man who:
- knows what he stands for in this life;
- stands up for what he believes in – taking the road that is less travelled, facing the consequences;
- does what he needs to do, endures what he needs to endure to get the outcome he has set for himself;
- stays calm even when faced with criticism, anger, put-downs and intimidation;
- is courageous – does what he wants / is committed to even when faced with ridicule;
- is lighthearted, forgiving, kind, caring and loving.
Son, you amaze me.
Son, you inspire me to be a better human being.
Son, you are a living example of the kind of human being that I wish to be.
Son, I consider it a privilege to be your father.
I thank you for being in my life. I love you.