Each of my three children love spending time in Shaky’s company. My wife loves spending time in Shaky’s company. And I love spending time in Shaky’s company.
What is Shaky’s secret? Does he have a bag of tricks and techniques? Has he been to charm school? Perhaps he has read the latest books on how to build great relationships? The answer is much simpler.
Shaky loves people and he makes you feel special. How does he do that?
- When Shaky is with you he focusses on you and does what you want to do, talks about what you want to talk about;
- Shaky accepts you just as you are and as you are not – no judgement, no evaluation, no criticism, must plain acceptance and validation;
- Shaky is gentle – he speaks gently, he moves gently;
- Shaky will enter into a conversation with you and share is point of view yet he will never argue, criticise or condemn your point of view;
- Shaky never looks towards your wallet – he is always the first one to take is wallet out and pay and we have to fight to pay;
- Shaky never complains – never complains; and
- Shaky always offers a helping hand – he never acts like a guest, always like a family member.
We love you Shaky. We are sad to see you leave our home today. And we are looking forward to being in your company again.
Finally: I thank you for the gift that you gave me this weekend. The gift of your friendship and the gift of helping me to better understand myself – and be a better human being. I look forward to seeing you soon.